Countering HIV / AIDS in Ukraine is one of the priorities of the state policy in the field of healthcare and social development, as well as a subject of international liabilities.
According to WHO / UNAIDS, Ukraine continues to be a region with high HIV prevalence in Central Europe and East Asia. Analysis of the situation with HIV / AIDS epidemic testifies to the fact that the epidemic control is not implemented to the full extent: only every second person infected with HIV is aware of their positive status and addresses a medical establishment; there is a high percentage of positive results among blood donors, especially primary ones; the proportion of children with congenital HIV infection is not decreasing; increasingly stronger epidemic impact is related to the highly stigmatized group of men who have sex with men. It is particularly menacing that people living with HIV tend to address for medical help tardily; this results in late detection of AIDS and associated forms of TB / HIV, which is the reason for high mortality among patients. The above facts attest to the conclusion concerning the lack of comprehensiveness in approaches combining prevention and treatment programs at the national and regional levels into a single efficient response system.
In this section you will find comprehensive information on:
• Guiding documents in countering HIV / AIDS epidemic in Ukraine and the world
• Information on the treatment and prevention of HIV / AIDS, namely:
• Voluntary counselling and testing
• Post-exposure prophylaxis
• Preventing transmission from mother to child
• Antiretroviral therapy
• Co-infections (tuberculosis and hepatitis)
• Opportunistic infections and comorbidity
• Palliative and hospice care
• Statistical information
• Data from the monitoring and estimation of HIV / AIDS in Ukraine
• Information materials